19 janvier 2014

Things

(The hope, of course, is that you would picture it yourself, but someday maybe I'll sketch up the geography of what I'm describing.  The Fort, you might say.) 

Things 
In the innermost, it is dark, 
it is quiet.  
Sometimes too quiet.  
I venture, and peer out the door.  
Dropping breadcrumbs, skipping over precarious bombs.  
Next circle. 
Some more things are stored here.  
Not all mine, 
but all important. 
Check them all to make sure; 
they are safe. 
Unchain the chains, unbolt the bolts, 
crack the door to sneak a peek.  
One eye peeks back.  
I am frozen; 
how did you... 
You never should have come through the hedge maze.  
You are not welcome here, go back.  
I close the door, 
And send you to the outermost circle. 
No other things.  
I run back, fleeing.  
It’s better this way.  
Safe and sound with my 
Things. 

Aucun commentaire: