08 septembre 2008

This BLog will be closing

Dear Readers,

Not that I think you exist in abundance, but in case you have visited this blog and thought to yourself, "I think pop back on over there and see if any new insanity has appeared in the form of writing", I feel it only fair to announce the soon closing of this blog.

I have to make sure that I have everything on my hard drive as a doc before I go erasing it, but then I will be erasing all posts less this one. Why? you may ask yourself. Well, this clause in Google's Terms and Conditions was recently brought to my attention:

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

In other words, if any of my stuff was actually deemed "good" by someone, Google could take any of it, reproduce it, and I would get totally jacked. Can someone please explain to me how that is NOT scary and NOT big-brother-like? So spread the word, and please contact Google. Aren't they supposed to be the revolutionary, hip company of the future? If so, our future is looking a bit more dim every day. (and for those of you who are too lazy to type your own, I will be posting a few various form letter options tonight that you can send to Google and pretend you wrote them).

Hugs n kisses,
L

Aucun commentaire: