30 janvier 2018

Opening lines day 10, a given first line

1
We locked eyes across the room - it wasn't romantic, but at least now I knew I wasn't the only one bored nearly to tears by this lecture.

2
She couldn't be "that girl" at the gym, she just couldn't, but she also couldn't get the bar back up off her chest and she couldn't really breathe.

3
She held the battery powered clippers in her right hand and stared at her reflection a moment before clicking the power button and shearing the first line down the middle of her scalp, no turning back now.

4
"I'm a strong independent man."

5
He had never really been a fan of soup.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

"Where were you last night?"  My mom asked the question very casually as she pulled a box of bran flakes from a brown paper grocery sack and placed them in the cupboard.  She continued unloading groceries, her back to me, as my pulse began to race.  I had planned everything perfectly.  I had kissed her good night and gone upstairs to set my music on a timer.  I had arranged a few pillows messily under my sheets to resemble my body and I had even left my phone in the bed in case she tried tracking it.  How could she possibly know I had snuck out?

Aucun commentaire: