22 janvier 2018

Opening Lines Day 4

The next exercise I have requires a bit more thought and research but I have a Navigation midterm on Wednesday so I probably won't start exercise two until Thursday.

The first line below actually was inspired by my boyfriend, so I'm doing 6 today.

1
He was, at first, pleasantly surprised that his girlfriend did not feel hot to the touch as she normally did while they cuddled at night - her skin was quite cool as she was dead.

2
Her neighbour was laughing so loudly she could hear it through the walls and it was grating, inspiring creative homicidal thoughts.

3
"What if I just turned the wheel suddenly and threw myself and my car over the cliff?" she thought to herself, doing nothing of the sort.

4
He realised he hadn't consumed enough water for the day so he carefully drank two one-litre bottles in succession because that was the sort of man he was.

5
It had started as a simple search for her car keys, but now she was sitting on the living room floor simultaneously laughing and crying hysterically.

6
The precision it takes to make perfect roses out of buttercream frosting is not difficult if you happen to be neurotic.

Aucun commentaire: