25 janvier 2018

Opening Lines Day 7, plus Exercise 2 go 1

1
I don't necessarily remember answering the phone and hence my confusion when the voice on the other end demanded, "Well?"

2
I debated reminding him that repeating an action while expecting a different result was a sign of insanity, but we were in a mental institution so the point seemed moot.

3
I watched my Tactical Action Officer go sliding across the room as the ship rolled to starboard and waited patiently for the complementary roll to port so that we could resume our discussion. 

4
I smelled like ammunition and sweat - it was even less romantic than it sounds. 

5
I knew what I should do, but also knew what I wanted to do. 

Exercise 2

Some things that happened before Ender's Game starts but that we never actually read about:
Peter and Valentine had a few years just the two of them
Ender's parents made the decision to have a third
Peter and Valentine were both tested (and failed)

This is harder than I thought and I'm not sure if it's because Orson Scott Card is a gifted writer, because it's been some time since I read the book, or some other reason.  I will continue these exercises though as they are rather beneficial.  I think I need to focus on some of the smaller details and that may require having the books on hand.  I will continue to approach this from varying angles. 

Aucun commentaire: