29 janvier 2018

Opening Lines day 9, a given first line

1
Her voice resonated with a southern accent - not the nasal twang he had heard before, but a rich lilt that made him think of honey butter and cornbread.

2
He was lying on his back puffing smoke rings into the sky.

3
The chime sounded to let me know someone was coming into the store, and I wanted nothing more than to hide under the counter.

4
When he parked in large lots, he meticulously wrote down where he left his vehicle and took pictures to ensure ease of return so it might be an understatement to say he was surprised when spot D53 in the east section of the structure was empty.

5
She wasn't much for metaphors and similes but she'd be darned if his eyes weren't a warm turquoise like the waters of the Caribbean.

New Exercise
Start with "Where were you last night?"

"Where were you last night?"  She tossed her hair over her shoulder and looked at me with innocent curiosity.
She knew perfectly well where I had been considering I'd been in her bed.  But I maintained the ruse.
"I was pretty tired so I turned in early, sorry I didn't make the study group."
"No worries," Robin chimed in.  "We finished pretty quickly.  I was in bed by like nine."
I had been in Rachel's bed at that same time, but said instead, "I don't think I even saw nine.  I woke up at some point with my TV asking me if I was still watching."
Everyone laughed, including Rachel, and I took this as a good sign that no one could see me sweating.

Aucun commentaire: