23 janvier 2018

Opening Lines Day 5

1
I flushed as I watched her caressing the teapot, imagining that she might someday touch me in the same manner.

2
She turned her toes in together as though she could use them as a blockade to hide behind. 

3
He had started lifting weights because it was what everyone told him to do but he had continued because now it seemed like no one could tell him what to do. 

4
She ignored the boxes labelled "kitchen" "towels" "home office", frantically pulling the sheets out of "bedding" until she freed a once-white, tattered teddy bear -- "I'm sorry I didn't catch you before the movers tucked you away," she clutched it tightly to her chest.   

5
He ate automatically, tasting none of the food, simply performing the social function of eating at a dinner party.

Aucun commentaire: