17 janvier 2018

Opening Lines Day 2

It would be easy enough to open with fantasy lines (e.g. As the sun set in the east, she thought, "That's peculiar.") but for my purposes I am sticking with everyday openers.  Today I have gone particularly with things that have occurred in my life. 

1
She hummed a few notes of the black swan's solo as she superglued over a blister, missing only one note as she winced. 

2
The red phone was on the right hand side of the desk which seemed illogical as I needed my right hand for the mouse. 

3
The man smiled at me revealing bleeding gums and rotting teeth. 

4
It is impossible to accurately convey just how commanding and confident a woman in a chador can actually be. 

5
It's odd how calming it can be to paint make up on one's face until you begin to border on looking garish and rather like a whore. 

Aucun commentaire: